Apple has begun offering iPhone and iPad users the ability to export their iCloud photos to other services; specifically, Google Photos.
In a new support document that was spotted by MacRumors, the feature is currently only available in Australia, Canada, the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, New Zealand, Norway, Switzerland, the United Kingdom, and the United States.
Users will need to have enough space on their Google Photos account to accept the new files and only the most recent edits will be copied over. Only specific file formats will be copied, too.
The transfer includes copies of photos and videos that you store in iCloud Photos, associated with your Apple ID. Formats include: .jpg, .png, .webp, .gif, some RAW files, .mpg, .mod, .mmv, .tod, .wmv, .asf, .avi, .divx, .mov, .m4v, .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .m2t, .m2ts, .mts, and .mkv files.
Initiating the transfer is a case of a couple of clicks, although you will need to have Apple’s two-factor authentication enabled on your account. Instructions on how to do that can be found here: Enable Two-Factor Authentication On Apple ID / iCloud, Here’s How. Apple says that users will receive an email once the transfer is complete, too.
You’ll receive an email notification of your transfer request and another email when your transfer is complete. If you cancel your transfer request before it’s complete, and some photos or videos have already been transferred, they remain in Google Photos. You can check the status of your request at privacy.apple.com/account.
This comes as Apple continues to be put under pressure relating to the way it promotes its own services ahead of those made by other companies.
You may also like to check out:
- How To Jailbreak iOS 14.3 With Unc0ver v6.0.0 On iPhone 12 Using AltStore
- Download Unc0ver v6.0.0 IPA iPhone 12 Jailbreak For iOS 14.3
- Want To Downgrade To iOS 14.3 From iOS 14.4 For Unc0ver Jailbreak? Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download: iOS 14.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4 Out Now
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak