Apple’s previous gift card system wasn’t great, really. There were different gift cards for online services like the App Store and iTunes, with another gift card good for spending in Apple Stores.
Now Apple has fixed all that by rolling both types of gift cards into one. “The gift card for everything Apple,” if you will.
Apple’s new Apple Gift Card page allows people to buy the unified gift card, with users also able to manage their balance online and on iOS devices. Apple is also keen to make sure that people aren’t tricked into buying Apple gift cards to pay for non-Apple services, too. That’s often one of the ways people get scammed online and Apple suggests anyone approached should reach out to the FTC.
Apple Gift Cards are solely for the purchase of goods and services from the Apple Store, the Apple Store app, apple.com, the App Store, iTunes, Apple Music, Apple TV, Apple Books, and other Apple properties. Should you receive a request for payment using Apple Gift Cards outside of the former, please report it at FTC Complaint Assistant.
Having a single gift card whether you’re buying an iPhone or an app is a big improvement and it should prevent people from buying the incorrect card when buying for friends and family.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 4 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 3 IPSW Links And iPadOS 14 Beta 3 Released
- iOS 14 Beta 3 OTA Profile File Download Available Without Dev Account, Here’s How To Get It
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak