A day after releasing macOS 10.13.2 beta 4, Apple has released the fourth beta version of iOS 11.2 beta for developers. tvOS 11.2 beta and watchOS 4.2 beta are also available for testing.
iOS 11.2 will likely include AirPlay 2 and Apple Pay Cash support in addition to SiriKit for HomePod which was detailed at the end of October.
- iPhone 8 / 8 Plus / X marketing still wallpapers now available on older iPhones (download here)
- Feedback app included during beta
- No sign of Messages in iCloud yet, some level of AirPlay 2 present
- Calculator bug caused by slow animation fixed
- Some emoji are tweaked
- Additional Live wallpapers for iPhone X (see here)
- Apple Pay Cash beta for testing
- New introductory pricing option for subscription apps
- New Control Center explainer for Wi-Fi and Bluetooth behaviors
- New Control Center indicator on iPhone X (previously spotted from Apple but not in prior iOS versions)
tvOS 11.2 adds new features to Apple TV 4K including the ability to control when video is played back in HDR and at various frame rates.
While these changes are currently limited to beta testers, Apple recently released iOS 11.1.1 to all customers with a fix for the notorious autocorrect issue that turned ‘I’ into ‘A [?]’. iOS 11.1.2 included a fix for iPhone X screens not working momentarily during cold conditions.
We’ll update and highlight any changes in the latest betas shortly.