Apple just released macOS 11 Big Sur beta 7 to developers as it continues to hone the update ahead of a release to the public.
It might have already gotten iOS 14, iPadOS 14, watchOS 7, and tvOS 14 out the door, but Apple wants to give macOS 11 Big Sur a little more time to bake. And that’s probably a very good idea!
It isn’t yet clear exactly what has gone into this latest beta, but one change has been spotted already.
macOS 11 Big Sur beta 7 adds support for AirPods automatic device switching, just like iOS and iPadOS do. That feature allows AirPods to automatically switch devices without any user interaction.
Beyond that, we don’t yet know what Apple has changed in this latest beta. We don’t know when Apple will release this latest version of macOS to the public either, but given the troubles previous big updates have had we’d rather the company takes its time.
MacOS Big Sur is the first macOS release to support Apple silicon and with Apple set to launch a Mac with its own chips before the end of the year, it could be that work is going on under the hood to get that all ready. We can’t wait, too!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 Status Update For iPhone And iPad
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 13.7 To iOS 13.6.1, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak