The Made-for-iPhone/iPad/iPod licensing program, often better known as simply MFi, has seen a new update in which new branding has been applied that manufacturers of MFi-licensed accessories will have to use moving forward.
The new logos will be used in future hardware releases, but are not a huge departure from those that were already in place, although they do see the removal of images that depicted devices in favor of simple Apple logos and text.
Interestingly, and perhaps tellingly, the order in which devices are listed has also changed with iPhone now at the beginning and the iPod at the end. The reason for this change is a simple case of the iPhone being a much more prominent product for Apple than anything carrying the iPod name, something that was not the case when the MFi program was initially introduced.
Apple’s MFi program gives manufacturers direct access to proprietary hardware like the Lightning connector, but also allows accessories to carry the logos, which lend them an air of legitimacy, something Apple pushes when trying to sell the benefits of the MFi program to accessory makers.
Promote your electronic accessory with MFi logos. Made for iPod, Made for iPhone, Made for iPad, and AirPlay logos communicate to customers that an electronic accessory has been designed to connect specifically to iPod, iPhone, or iPad, and has been certified by the developer to meet Apple performance standards.
While the Apple Watch is not part of the MFi program, it does have its very own – the Made for Apple Watch program. It provides similar benefits to accessory makers, and is not included in any of the new MFi logos for obvious reasons.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6: Last Chance To FutureRestore iOS 11.1.2 Before iOS 11.3 Final Release
- Get Emus4u iOS 11 Download On iPhone Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Google Play Store APK 9.1.24 Download On Android: Here’s How To Install It
- PUBG Mobile APK Download For Android: Here’s How To Get It For Free
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]