Hot on the heels of the public release of watchOS 5.2, Apple has also seeded the first beta release of watchOS 5.2.1, the next version of the software. Here’s what we know about the update so far.
The arrival of watchOS 5.2 brought with it support for the newly refreshed AirPods as well as the ECG feature in Hong Kong and Europe. This new beta doesn’t look like it offers such grand improvements, although it’s still early days for those who have installed it. We’d expect more bug fixes and performance improvements rather than any big new features, but we’ll know better in a few days.
Anyone who has the required developer profile installed on their Apple Watch can install the beta release by going to the Apple Watch app on their iPhone followed by General and then Software Update. The Apple Watch needs to be on charge and have at least 50% of its battery remaining, while also being within range of the iPhone in question.
These beta releases are aimed at giving developers a chance to take the new releases for a spin before the public, both to help Apple iron out issues and test their own apps with the new update. If you’re not a developer, we’d heartily recommend against installing watchOS betas, particularly given the fact that if anything does go wrong, the watch has to be returned to Apple for repair.
We’ll keep our ears to the ground to see what, if anything, is new in this update and will be watching out for updated beta releases, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: Apple Releases Final Version Of macOS 10.14.4, watchOS 5.2, tvOS 12.2
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad
- Apple’s Shortcuts App Updated With New Actions For Notes, Travel Data, More
- Apple Announces Its Own Credit Card Dubbed “Apple Card”, Here Are The Details
- watchOS 5.2 Brings Apple Watch ECG Feature To UK, Canada, Hong Kong And Many More Countries
- Apple Releases macOS 10.14.5 Beta 1