A prominent YouTuber and successful leaker of tech-based information is claiming that Apple’s AirPower project is alive and well.
Jon Prosser has claimed that Apple has resurrected the AirPower project internally but also concedes that there is no guarantee that the product will make it into the public domain.
You may remember that it was approximately twelve months ago that Apple silently killed the AirPower project after initially announcing the project at one of its public-facing media events. During that event, Apple raised hopes by announcing a product that was essentially a charging mat capable of charging multiple devices wireless, such as iPhone, AirPods, and Apple Watch, all at the same time.
Those devices could be placed on the charging mat and charging would begin. The AirPower mat would also report battery percentages directly back to a connected iPhone so the owner would know the status of each. For obvious reasons, this would have been an extremely popular product.
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has previously stated that Apple is working on a smaller charging mat, but Prosser has now taken to Twitter to suggest that AirPower “isn’t dead”:
AirPower isn’t dead ?
The project is back on, internally. No guarantee that they’ll finalize and release it, but they haven’t given up yet and they’re trying to re-engineer the coils to displace heat more effectively. Prototyping is underway.
— Jon Prosser (@jon_prosser) March 22, 2020
Apple didn’t specifically go into a huge amount of detail about why the AirPower project was initially shelved but many have deduced that it was down to the fruit company not being able to get the efficiency that it requires to put a name to a product. Prosser stating that the company is now trying to “re-engineer the coils” would seem to corroborate that belief. Now, with the project seemingly back underway internally with Apple’s engineers attempting to tackle the problem, the question seems to be whether or not the AirPower will actually see the light of day this time around?
At the time of writing, there isn’t a product on the market that seems to fill the void that was left by the AirPower product-that-never-was, so it seems that Apple could still have a huge interest.
You may also like to check out:
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4 GM IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With GM Of iPadOS 13.4, watchOS 6.2, tvOS 13.4 & macOS 10.15.4 Beta 6
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak