A new report has once again thrust Apple’s car project into the limelight. Bloomberg is reporting that Apple is in talks with various suppliers regarding the procurement of LiDAR sensors destined for its ongoing Car project.
We have been privy to multiple reports detailing the ongoing Apple Car – or Project Titan as it’s known internally – project over the last month or so. Many of those reports are suggesting that Project Titan is gathering pace but that we won’t yields from that project for a number of years.
With that said, Tim Cook’s fruit company is in talks with different suppliers for various aspects of the project, including multiple vendors that could potentially supply the LiDAR component.
Apple Inc. is in discussions with multiple suppliers of self-driving car sensors known as lidar, according to people familiar with the matter, a key milestone toward the development of its first passenger vehicle.
As far as the LiDAR sensor is concerned, the component would give the Apple Car the ability to feed information into the onboard computer and actually ‘see’ what’s around the vehicle at any given time. This is a standard feature and capability of any modern vehicle that will likely have autonomous features and functionality.
Interestingly, the report also stipulates that Apple has been working on the car project for a number of years and has been treating Project Titan just like any other standard Apple project. The work is entirely controlled by Apple’s team with all research and development being undertaken in-house rather than outsourced to any so-called “experts.”
When it comes to actually produce and manufacturing the vehicle, Apple will likely partner with a company like Nissan or similar. Historical reports have suggested that the company was in talks with Kia and Hyundai – amongst others – but those talks were called off as soon as the companies confirmed to the press that the talks were actually happening. As we know, Apple likes to remain secretive and keep these discussions under the radar until it is really to make a statement.
We’re not likely to see the fruits of Apple’s labor for a few more years yet but it’s great to see that things are actually progressing for Project Titan.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download: iOS 14.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4 Out Now
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak