The ever prolific KGI Securities analyst Ming-Chi Kuo has today shared projections for what he believes will be shipments of the rumored 6.1-inch iPhone, expected to launch in the second half of 2018.
While Apple has obviously not confirmed the device’s existence, the belief is that the device will borrow from the iPhone X in that it will carry Face ID as a feature, but the design of the iPhone itself is expected to change in order to allow Apple to target a more affordable price point for the device. That may, if rumors are to be believed, include the use of an LCD screen rather than OLED and an aluminium frame rather than the stainless steel of the iPhone X.
The cost cutting is not expected to stop there, either. Apple is also thought to be ready to drop the iPhone X’s dual camera setup on the 6.1-inch iPhone, nixing 3D Touch along the way.
We project shipments under the new product life cycle (4Q18-3Q19) for the 6.1″ LCD iPhone, estimated to be launched in 2H18, will reach around 100mn units.
Kuo does note, however, that the number of 6.1-inch iPhones shipped will depend on the price point at which Apple places it.
The smart money, at least according to Kuo, is that customers in the United States will be expected to spend between $700 and $800 in order to get their hands on the new phone, leading to claims of shipments totaling around 105-115 million units if priced at US$699, and 95-105 million units should it be priced at US$799.
If the rumors are true, then the new 6.1-inch iPhone will be announced in September, alongside a new 5.8-inch iPhone X refresh and an even larger 6.5-inch model that is being dubbed the iPhone X Plus.
iPhone X Plus render by Martin Hajek
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2.5 Jailbreak: Update On Where Things Stand And What To Expect Going Forward?
- Fix Snapchat Check Your Connection Error On iPhone In 2018, Here’s How
- Download NDS4iOS iOS 11 IPA On iPhone Or iPad [No Jailbreak Required]
- iOS 12 Beta Download, Rumors, Features, Release Date [Everything We Know So Far]
- Download iOS 11.2.5 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For Your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11.2.5 To iOS 11.2.2 For Potential Future Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 / 11.2.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using LiberiOS [Updated]