Modern athletes at the top of their game are always searching for an edge. When you’re already eating the right things, exercising properly, and working with the best your sport has to offer, then finding that little extra isn’t easy. The Australian Women’s Cricket Team has turned to the Apple Watch to help.
According to the Australian Apple Website, the team is using the Apple Watch to track everything form their sleep data to their activity levels in an attempt to help prevent over-training.
A special app is being used after it was created by the Australian Institute of Sport. Using multiple sensors on the Apple Watch in conjunction with data manually inputted by the players themselves, the app is able to keep tabs on them. Apple covered the full details in a Newsroom post to its Australian website.
Through wearing Apple Watch and interacting with the app, the team tracks and shares their all-day activity, enabling coaches to monitor and modify the team’s workload based on key metrics including training load, heart rate, mood and sleep data. This real-time dashboard gives performance staff an insight into the team’s workload and training capacity, and the ability to make meaningful modifications to improve a player’s prospects, even from afar during periods where players are travelling.
The Apple Watch may have originally been envisaged as a fashion device but it has instead morphed into a fitness and health accessory. Apple continues to add features aimed at keeping people safe while giving them the peace of mind of on-device ECGs and more. We’re not at all surprised to learn of elite sportspeople taking advantage of the Apple Watch’s capabilities, either.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With Of iPadOS 13 Beta 3
- Download iOS 13 Beta 3 Profile Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- Download iOS 13 Public Beta And Install The Right Way, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Profile Download Along With iPadOS 13, tvOS 13 And macOS Catalina Released To Testers
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]