Apple has confirmed that it is bringing the Apple Watch’s ECG app to users in South Korea while it’s been reported that Russian users are also set to get the app as well.
Apple’s Newsroom post announcing the South Korean addition says that it will be available once both iOS 14.2 and watchOS 7.1 are available to the public.
There’s currently no indication when that will happen but with iOS 14.2’s release candidate build now in the hands of developers it’s likely it will be released soon. It’s also an update that’s required by the upcoming HomePod mini as well – a speaker that’s set to go on sale on November 13.
Apple currently has a special event set for November 10 so it’s possible we’ll see the new software updates released following that event.
The ECG feature is one that has already been shown to save lives in the almost 50 countries where it is already available. It might not be as accurate as an ECG carried out in a hospital, but this is how Apple describes its capabilities in a support document.
The ECG app records an electrocardiogram which represents the electrical pulses that make your heart beat. The ECG app checks these pulses to get your heart rate and see if the upper and lower chambers of your heart are in rhythm. If they’re out of rhythm, that could be AFib.
The ECG functionality is available on Apple Watch Series 4, Apple Watch Series 5, and Apple Watch Series 6.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 GM IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 14.2 GM Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak