The Apple Watch’s ECG feature has been approved for use in South Korea for the first time, according to a report by ETNews.
The news comes after the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety gave the green light for Apple to start offering the ECG functionality, something that could potentially save lives.
The Apple Watch’s ability to offer an ECG feature has already saved lives around the globe, and by bringing it to another country Apple continues to open a potentially lifesaving feature to millions more people.
Apple obtained an approval from the Ministry of Food and Drug Safety (MFDS) regarding its electrocardiodiagram (ECG) application. As regulations related to medical devices have begun to be eased in South Korea, it is expected that relevant companies will officially compete against one another in order to gain dominance in the “healthcare” market based on smartwatch.
There’s no indication as to when Apple will actually enable the ECG feature in South Korean Apple Watches, but we can’t imagine it being too long a wait. Apple will release a watchOS update to enable it, so we may need to wait for watchOS 7 to ship next month.
The ECG feature is available on Apple Watch Series 4 and Apple Watch Series 5 wearables, with the upcoming Apple Watch Series 6 also likely to offer it, too.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 4 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 4 IPSW Links, iPadOS 14 Beta 4 Released
- iOS 14 Beta 4 OTA Profile File Download Released Without Dev Account, Here’s How To Get It
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak