Apple will launch a new iPad Pro with a brand new mini-LED display as soon as the first quarter of 2021, according to a new report. That would make this device the first to ship with the new display technology.
The news comes after ET News shared a report that suggested a new deal will see LG Display be the partner to supply the new screens to Apple, with mass production kicking into gear before the end of 2020.
The new mini-LED screens have been heavily rumored over the last few months with the iPad Pro long thought of as the first device to sport one. DigiTimes also previously suggested that an early 2021 launch was feasible and now ET News seems to be backing that up.
LG Display is preparing to supply its Mini LED backlight LCDs to Apple. Its new display uses a small LED as the backlight and has improved performance in brightness and contrast ratio. Because it is reported that Apple will look to actively use Mini Led LCDs starting with iPads early next year and other products such as MacBook and iMac, there are expected to be changes in the global LCD market and to LCD technology.
Mini-LED screens, while still LCD parts, offer many of the benefits of traditional OLED screens.
Those benefits include brighter colors, darker blacks, and improved power usage. All things that Apple is known to want for its products. Especially the high-end iPad Pro.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak