Apple has only just gotten the iPhone 12 lineup out the door with the iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max having gone on sale today. But that doesn’t mean that Apple isn’t already hard at work getting the iPhone 13 lineup ready.
Analyst Ming-Chi Kuo reckons that it even has a company lined up for some new battery technology.
According to Kuo, that battery technology will allow Apple to save internal space inside iPhones because the batteries don’t need to be as physically large. The company lined up for the new batteries is Jialianyi.
Benefiting from the return to Apple’s full product line soft board supply chain, we predict that Jialianyi’s Apple business revenue will grow by about 100% YoY or above in 2021 […]
Jialianyi is expected to obtain about 40-50% of orders for battery soft boards for iPhone 13 and 13 mini. We predict that iPhone 13 will be the first iPhone model to adopt battery soft board technology, which will help save internal space and reduce costs.
The battery soft and hard version suppliers for the iPhone 12 series include Xinxing, Huatong, Yaohua and TTM, and the battery soft board suppliers for the iPhone 13 series are changed to Jialianyi, Xinxing and Huatong.
We believe that the number of battery panels for the iPhone 13 series is reduced due to the reduced number of suppliers, which will benefit the long-term profits of the suppliers. As a new entrant, Jialianyi is the biggest beneficiary of the iPhone 13 series’s switch to battery soft board design.
By using fewer layers than existing batteries it’s possible Apple could be able to make them smaller and then fit other things inside the case instead. The iPhone 12 Pro Max has an improved camera system thanks in part to the space afforded by the larger chassis. It’s possible that such a camera system could come to smaller future iPhones thanks to this smaller battery technology.
Apple isn’t likely to launch its new flagship iPhones for around a year so there are tons of ways they could change between now and then. Not even Apple knows what will definitely make the grade come decision time.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak