Apple added the notch to the iPhone with the iPhone X and it’s been there ever since. Housing Face ID, it’s something that needs to be there while there is no Touch ID. But according to one leaker that notch might be about to get smaller, but not until next year.
Anonymous leaker @UniverseIce says that we can expect the iPhone 13’s notch to be smaller than any previous iPhone and they even shared an image to illustrate the point.
According to that image the new notch won’t actually be any narrower, but rather shallower than before. We don’t know quite how large a difference we can expect, but we’ll take whatever we can get.
Apple’s notch size hasn’t changed since its arrival with that iPhone X so the iPhone 13 would definitely be notable if we do see an improvement there. However, with the iPhone’s status bar already deeper than the notch it’s debatable whether it will make any functional difference at all.
Apple won’t be launching the iPhone 13 until around September of October of 2021 so we have plenty of time to wait.
— Ice universe (@UniverseIce) October 7, 2020
The iPhone 12 is much closer to launch of course, with an announcement event taking place next week on October 13. We can’t wait to see if this year’s rumors turned out to be accurate or not.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.0.1 Using Checkra1n 0.11.0, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download iOS 14.0.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.0.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.0.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak