Sports fans can look forward to being able to keep up with their favotire team via Apple’s TV app soon enough, according to a new report.
Citing a source within “a major sports network,” the report claims that we can expect sports support within the TV app to arrive as soon as next month.
According to the unnamed source, live sports integration should arrive as part of the TV app on iOS devices updated to iOS 11.2 on, or around December 4th. The same support will also be added to the Apple TV via a tvOS 11.2 update around the same time. Apple demonstrated this exact feature during its September media event, although no strict timetable was given at the time.
The new support for sports comes via EPSN, with live in-play scores and game data displayed in a single interface with multiple games supported at any one time. There will also be built-in alerts that will give viewers a heads-up about games that are of particular interest, allowing them to switch to that content on a whim. As part of the update that will bring the new sports integration, the TV app will gain a new Sports tab. Here, users will find sports that are currently relevant, meaning those currently off-season will be hidden or kept towards the bottom of the list.
It would seem that none of the new functionality is available as part of the existing iOS 11.2 betas that are circulating, although things like Apple Pay Cash and new iPhone X wallpapers are. It is possible Apple will add the functionality at the last minute, whether that is via the final beta or simply making it available as part of the shipping product and bypassing the betas altogether.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 11.2 Beta 5 Download Release Date: When Is It Expected?
- iOS 11.2 Beta 4 Download Released For Testing [Updated]
- Download iOS 11.1.2 IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Downgrade iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone Or iPad [How-To Guide]
- Download iOS 11, 11.1.2, 11.1.1 Links & Install On iPhone X, 8, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 / 11.1.1 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]