Apple’s iPhone 12 mini will go up for pre-order this coming Friday and then go on sale the following Friday so we’re beginning to learn more about it. The smallest iPhone does have one odd quirk compared to the other models, for example – it turns out that the iPhone 12 mini can only be charged at just 12W when used with the new MagSafe Charger.
While the MagSafe Charger can power an iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro, and iPhone 12 Pro Max at 15W, that doesn’t seem to be the case with the smallest model as noticed by MacRumors. Apple’s newly updated support document outs the detail.
For iPhone 12 mini, the MagSafe Charger delivers up to 12W of peak power delivery.
Why that’s the case isn’t entirely clear right now but it could be related to the smaller body of the device, potentially related to the amount of heat generated. That’s just us speculating, however.
Interestingly it also appears that having EarPods plugged into an iPhone when placed on the MagSafe Charger is also enough to limit its charging capabilities – bringing it all the way down to a standard 7.5W for “regulatory standards” whatever that actually means.
Apple’s iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro are already available to buy while the largest and smallest models won’t be available for a little more than a week. Stocks of the MagSafe Charger are low already, however, so none of this is likely to matter for a little while anyway.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 GM IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 14.2 GM Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak