Apple’s MagSafe Duo Charger isn’t yet available to buy but Apple says that it’s coming soon. But you might not want to buy the $129 charger for a couple of reasons, and that price is only one of them.
As spotted by Bloomberg’s Mark Gurman earlier today, the new charger can’t actually charge an iPhone 12, iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12 Pro, or iPhone 12 Pro Max at the maximum 15W allowed by the MagSafe specification.
Instead, it can only charge at a maximum of 14W. And even then, only if you pair it with a 27W or higher USB-C charger.
It’s worth noting at this point that Apple doesn’t ship the MagSafe Duo Charger with any adapter at all, and it doesn’t even sell a 27W charger, but a 30W one.
Here’s what Apple’s store page has to say about it.
-20W USB-C Power Adapter (sold separately) for faster wireless charging up to 11W
-27W or higher USB-C Power Adapter (sold separately) for faster wireless charging up to 14W
The differences between charging at 14W and 15W are minimal, of course. And it’s likely the extra power is being used to charge an Apple Watch seeing as the charger can power the two devices at once.
It’s still an interesting point, however. And one that will make the new wireless charger particularly costly depending on the power adapter you decide to pair it with.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak