Apple finally fixed the Siri Remote alongside the updated Apple TV 4K earlier this week, but while the new remote can actually be used properly, it isn’t all good news.
The new Siri Remote doesn’t have a gyroscope or accelerometer inside, meaning it can’t be used to play some App Store games on the Apple TV.
The news comes as we were all rejoicing at the fact the new remote is a big improvement over the old one. Despite this news however, it’s still likely to be a much better option for most people. Anyone wanting to play a game that requires a gyroscope or accelerometer will have to use a PS4, PS5, or Xbox controller instead.
The news was first noted by Digital Trends.
One change that might annoy some is the removal of the accelerometer and gyroscope. Together, these sensors let the original Siri remote act as a game controller. You could even use a wrist strap to keep the remote from flying out of your hand during aggressive gaming.
The updated Apple TV Siri Remote will come with the new Apple TV 4K, but can also be bought as a separate $59 purchase, too. It’ll work with any Apple TV the company currently sells.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.5 RC IPSW Links, OTA Profile Update Along With iPadOS 14.5 Released
- Download Unc0ver v6.0.0 IPA iPhone 12 Jailbreak For iOS 14.3
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checkin
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak