If you’re planning on picking up Apple’s $129 MagSafe Duo wireless charger, you’re probably going to need to get your hands on a new power adapter for it, too.
While it doesn’t ship with one, we now also know that the old 29W USB-C charger that Apple sold won’t work with it, too.
If you want to use a MagSafe Duo wireless charger, you’re going to need to get Apple’s new 30W USB-C brick to go with it.
Interestingly, anyone who does try to use a 29W part will be able to charge, although only one device at a time. Anyone wanting to power both an iPhone and an Apple Watch will need to splash the cash and get that new 30W charger instead.
That new charger sells for $49, which is quite the price bump on top of the $129 you already paid for the MagSafe Duo itself.
Apple’s charging situation is further complicated by the fact it doesn’t ship any of them with its iPhone 12 mini, iPhone 12, iPhone 12 Pro Max, and iPhone 12 Pro. People could have already paid to get their hands on a 20W USB-C charger for their iPhone and are now having to buy a charger for the MagSafe Duo, too.
All of that adds up to a pretty sorry state of affairs indeed.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download iOS 14.2.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File For iPhone 12, mini, Pro, Pro Max
- Download: iOS 14.3 And iPadOS 14.3 RC Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak