Apple recently released iOS 14 beta 4 to developers and public beta testers alike and so far we’re yet to hear about any major problems. But what about battery life? That’s something that often takes a hit during beta programs, so what about the current beta release?
The answer to that is something that YouTuber iAppleBytes wanted to find out, so they set about running tests on an iPhone SE and iPhone 11.
The software used across these tests was iOS 13.5.1, iOS 13.6, iOS 14 beta 1, and iOS 14 beta 4. Normally tests on beta software aren’t all that important, but it’s always interesting to see how battery life progresses during the whole beta process.
Normally I do not do Battery tests on beta versions as they are known for bad battery, but I thought it would be good to have results to measure future versions against. This time I will compare iOS 14 Beta 4 to Beta 1, and also show the results vs 13.6 and 13.5.1. I will only be running this battery test on the iPhone SE 2020 and the iPhone 11 for the Betas of iOS 14. Will do the test on all devices, when the final release is here. The settings of the devices are as usual : Screen brightness to 25%, auto brightness disabled.
So how did things pan out? Across both the iPhone 11 and iPhone SE we can say that iOS 14 beta 4 compares well with the other releases, but the real star of the show was the first iOS 14 beta.
Ultimately, none of this means a great deal for the final release of iOS 14 that will likely land next month. We still have a few betas to go before that release happens though, so let’s see how things pan out between now and launch day.
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Download: iOS 13.3 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3 For Compatible Devices
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Beta 1 OTA Profile, IPSW Links Released For iPhone And iPad
- Downgrade iOS 13.3 To iOS 13.2.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 / 13.3.1 On iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max, XS, More With New tfp0 Exploit Will Be Possible Soon
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak