We usually see a few Apple-1 computers go up for auction each year, but the latest one looks to be rarer than most. In addition to being in “exceptional” and “fully functional” condition, this Apple-1 includes all the necessary accessories and comes in the original box signed by Apple co-founder Steve Wozniak.
RR Auction has its “Steve Jobs + Apple Auction” lot going up for sale on December 10. And the Apple-1 in exceptional, working condition will certainly bring in the most money. Bidding is starting at $50,000 for this rare machine.
This Apple-1 computer was restored to its original, operational state in September 2020 by Apple-1 expert Corey Cohen, and a video of it running and functioning is available upon request. A comprehensive, technical condition report prepared by Cohen is available to qualified bidders; he evaluates the current condition of the unit as 8.0/10. Aside from the presence of the exceptionally rare original shipping box—one of just a handful of known Apple-1 and box sets known today—the most remarkable aspect of this Apple-1 computer is that it is documented to be fully operational: the system was operated without fault for approximately eight hours in a comprehensive test.
Here’s what it includes:
- original Apple-1 board
- original Apple-1 box, signed inside the lid in black felt tip by Steve Wozniak, “Woz”
- original Apple Cassette Interface (ACI)
- original Apple-1 Operation Manual
- original Apple Cassette Interface manual
- a vintage Apple-1 power supply
- a vintage Datanetics keyboard in wooden case
- a vintage 1976 Sanyo monitor
- a vintage Panasonic cassette player
Check out the full auction listing as well as the other Steve Jobs and Apple memorabilia up for grabs at RR Auction.