Braun is a company that has produced some pretty gorgeous products over the years and around 28 years after it last made a speaker, the Braun LE speaker is back. And it’s lovely.
Not only is Braun making speakers again, but this one also supports Apple’s AirPlay 2. That makes it not only great to look at, but great to use, too.
But there’s a negative point to all of this good news. While the Braun Audio name is on these speakers, they’re actually produced by Pure Audio after the company picked up the rights to produce speakers. Don’t fret, though. Pure Audio knows what it’s doing when it comes to making speakers and hopes are high.
What Hi-Fi? has all of the details, but needless to say these things aren’t going to be cheap.
The £1099/$1199 LE01, £749/$799 LE02 and £349/$379 LE03. They go on sale, in black or white, from October.
Technical highlights include the use of bespoke DSP (digital signal processing), Balanced Mode Radiators (BMRs) and custom designed, low-profile aluminium woofers combined with customised passive bass radiators.
All three speakers can be used as part of a multi-room set-up, or can be paired for stereo playback when used in portrait orientation. If used in landscape mode, the Braun LE01 and LE02 work as integrated stereo speakers.
Each speaker has built-in Class-D amplification, switching power supplies and placement EQ settings that can be adjusted using the Braun Audio iOS or Android app. Google Assistant voice control is also built in, but this can be switched off using the dedicated privacy button.
Multiple streaming services are supported by Chromecast and Apple Airplay 2, wi-fi and Bluetooth v4.2 is standard across the range, and all three models can handle 96kHz/24-bit HD audio streaming. If you want a physical connection for another device, there’s a 3.5mm aux input. There’s also an ethernet port for hard wiring the speakers to your home network.
We can’t wait to start hearing more about these speakers but initial expectations are high. And it’s just great to see the Braun Audio name back, even if it isn’t quite the same as it was back in the day.
(Source: What Hi-Fi?)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13.1 Beta 2 IPSW Link And OTA Update For iPhone, iPadOS 13.1 Beta 2 For iPad
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 On iPhone X, XS Max, XR, iPad Pro And More Using Unc0ver
- Downgrade iOS 12.4.1 To 12.4 For Jailbreak While Apple Is Still Signing The Firmware
- How To Jailbreak iOS 12.4 Using Unc0ver 3.5.x [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 12.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad Released
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Case List: Here Are The Must-Haves For Protection
- Best Galaxy Note 10 / 10+ Plus Screen Protector? Here Are Our Picks [List]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.4.1 By Downgrading And Jailbreaking iOS 12.4, Here’s How
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]