Activision confirmed a release date for Call of Duty: Mobile in a blog post and launch trailer published today. The publisher’s highly anticipated foray into the world of mobile shooters, which has been available in Australia, Canada, and Peru for a while now, will make its global debut on October 1. The game will be free to play on both iOS and Android.
A variety of multiplayer modes, including battle royale bouts inspired by the likes of Fortnite and PUBG, will be available to play on launch day, with more content to be added with time.
Players will be able to create up to five custom loadouts, each with its own set of “Primary and Secondary weapons, a Soldier type, an Operator Skill, Lethal and Tactical Equipment, and three Perks” before queuing up for multiplayer modes the likes of Frontline, Team Deathmatch, Domination, Gun Game, and Search & Destroy.
There’s a progression system in place as well, which will allow players to rank up and unlock beloved COD characters such as Soap and Ghost. There are skins and other cosmetics to be had as well, though that detail, along with ranked matchmaking and clans, was left out of the announcement post.
The battle royale mode, like the “Blackout” mode added to the franchise with Call of Duty: Black Ops 4 for PC and console, will have Solo, Duo, and Squad variants, up to 100 players per match, as well as land, sea, and air vehicles.
The game looks set to have an immediate advantage over the competition when it comes to variety and has all the makings of a game that can shoot to the top of the charts. It already has more than 16 million registrations in China, where the game is still awaiting approval. Of course, only time will tell whether it has enough to pull players away from the likes of PUBG Mobile and Fortnite.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone Released
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Fix iOS 13 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Fix iOS 13 Problems, Crashing Apps Issue And Other Bugs
- Fix iOS 13 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- Download iOS 13 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS, Max, XR, X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, SE, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 13 Could Not Activate iPhone Activation Error After Update, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 No Service Issue After Upgrade, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Photos Camera Roll Missing?: Check “All Photos” Section