Apple’s iPhone 12 Pro Max won’t be available for pre-order for another two weeks, but it’s already worked its way through the TENAA, the Chinese equivalent of the FCC. According to that registration the new iPhone 12 Pro Max features a 3,687 mAh battery.
What makes that so interesting is the fact that it’s around 7% smaller by capacity than the battery found in the outgoing iPhone 11 Pro Max. Last year’s flagship has a capacity of 3,969m mAh, for comparison.
MacRumors spotted the regulatory filings and notes that despite the difference in battery size, it doesn’t seem to be affecting the battery life of the new handset.
Despite having a smaller battery, Apple’s tech specs indicate that the iPhone 12 Pro Max has the same battery life as the iPhone 11 Pro Max, with both devices providing up to 20 hours of video playback and up to 80 hours of audio playback.
Apple will put the iPhone 12 Pro Max up for pre-order alongside the iPhone 12 mini on November 6. Devices will be available to buyers the following weekend starting Friday, November 13.
Anyone buying the iPhone 12 and iPhone 12 Pro will be able to get their handsets this coming weekend after pre-orders went live last week. Early reviews of those two iPhones are already live and we expect to see the iPhone 12 mini and iPhone 12 Pro Max get separate reviews in a couple of weeks.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak