There have been various reports throughout today suggesting that Linksys is getting ready to release HomeKit support for its Velop routers. But according to the company, that simply isn’t the case.
The confusion appears to have come about after HomeKit News spotted a notice on the Linksys website that suggested we can expect a HomeKit firmware update for the Velop routers “in the next several days.” But according to Lynksys, that’s unfortunately not happening any time soon.
Inaccurate verbiage on timing and availability of Linksys HomeKit-enabled routers was shared on our website today. We are excited to bring these features to market soon, and will reach out when we’re ready to announce availability.
So when can we expect HomeKit support to come to Velop routers? That’s anyone’s guess and we’re now left waiting for Linksys to give us the green light.
Linksys was one of the companies Apple highlighted when it announced HomeKit support for routers last year. The support is indeed coming; it’s just a matter of when that will happen. Hopefully, we won’t have to wait too long before Linksys Velop routers can be accessed via the Home app on iPhones, iPads, and Macs.
Given the time it can take some hardware makers to get with the HomeKit program, we won’t be holding our breath just yet, though.
(Source: HomeKit News)
You may also like to check out:
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.4 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.4 Beta 1 Released
- Download: iOS 13.3.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13.3.1 Released For Compatible Devices
- Downgrade iOS 13.3.1 To iOS 13.3 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.3 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download Checkra1n iOS 13.3.1 Jailbreak IPA, Here’s How [0.9.8 beta]
- iOS 13 / 13.2.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Compatibility List For Checkra1n
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak