DJI has announced the new Mini 2 drone, doing away with the Mavic name and bringing some hot new features to a drone that looks identical to the old one. Hell, it even weighs the exact same 249 grams as well.
The new Mini 2 makes use of DJI’s impressive OcuSync 2 wireless technology, ditching WiFi for the first time and allowing up to 2.5 times the wireless range that was previously on offer.
That’s a huge deal and one that shouldn’t be downplayed. DJI is also bundling the same controller as the Mavic Air 2 as well.
In terms of video recording, there’s support for 4K at 30fps with 100Mbps bitrate. That’s an improvement on the meager 2.7k recording that topped out at 40Mbps before so we should probably expect some impressive video to come out of this new drone.
When flying, users will notice an extra minute of battery life compared with the previous model, giving you 31 minutes of flying time. That flying will happen faster as well, with a top speed of almost 36 mph on offer.
Priced at $449 this new drone is admittedly a little more costly than the previous device but you do get a better drone for your money.
The new offering is available right now and you can upgrade to the Fly More combo with more batteries, a case, and charging up for $599 if you want.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 GM IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 14.2 GM Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak