Just when you thought the jailbreak scene couldn’t become any more saturated with abundance of tools, Tihmstar, the developer behind the h3lix jailbreak for 32-bit devices running iOS 10.3.3, has now updated that experience and is offering the doubleH3lix package as a liberator of 64-bit devices also running iOS 10.3.3.
The jailbreak for 64-bit is known as doubleH3lix to avoid confusing it with h3lix and its arrival means that we now have doubleH3lix, Meridian, and G0blin jailbreaks to choose from should you wish to liberate a 64-bit device running Apple’s final public version of iOS 10.3.x.
If you had previously used h3lix to liberate a device running iOS 10.3.3 which was 32-bit in nature, then it’s likely that you will trust and want to use the upgraded doubleH3lix experience to get the same level of performance on a 64-bit piece of kit. Which you can do, right now, on the basis that the device comes with a 3.5mm headphone jack.
What that basically means is that the doubleH3lix jailbreak supports devices up to iOS 10.3.3 on a 64-bit architecture, but only pre-iPhone 7, which is when Apple took the internal step to entirely remove the headphone jack.
Apple’s iPhone 8 and iPhone X don’t run iOS 10.x.x as they shipped with iOS 11 installed, which means that doubleH3lix only really rules out iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus from its list of potentially compatible devices.
If that is music to your ears, and you have a 64-bit device running iOS 10.3.3 with a headphone jack, then doubleH3lix could be your seamless route to total liberation and Cydia installation.
As efficient and reliable as doubleH3lix may be, it’s yet another 64-bit iOS 10.3.3 jailbreak released into a community which has already had Meridian and G0blin for a decent period of time.
Tihmstar and his team, which notably includes siguza, have a lot of followers and faith amongst community members, so it’s highly possible that some individuals would prefer to use a tool offered by him where possible, but it also remains to be seen how many people actually want to jailbreak meeting that criteria who haven’t already done so with the other tools available.
However, if you do want to give doubleH3lix a try, you can grab the latest IPA right now from the official website over at doubleh3lix.tihmstar.net and then simply sideload it using Cydia Impactor in order to jailbreak.
You may also like to check out:
- Second Full Public Jailbreak For PS4 Released, Here Are The Details
- iOS 11.2.6 Downgrade: Here’s What Apple’s Closure Of iOS 11.2.5 Signing Window Means For Jailbreakers
- TetherMe iOS 11 IPA For Electra Jailbreak Released, Lets You Enable Free Tethering On iPhone
- iOS 11.1.2 Jailbreak Tweaks Cydia Compatibility List For Electra
- How To Jailbreak iOS 11.1.2 Using Electra With Cydia [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]