Apple has officially released new pre-release seeds of a number of its popular platforms. With immediate effect, those registered on the Apple Developer Program are able to get their hands on macOS 10.14.2 beta 2, tvOS 12.1.1 beta 2, and watchOS 5.1.2 beta 1 for all compatible Mac, Apple TV, and Apple Watch hardware.
As you might have guessed from the versioning, watchOS is the anomaly in this release. This is because the firmware that powered the Apple Watch was pulled due to the fact that version 5.1 was bricking a number of Apple Watch Series 4 devices. It was only recently that Apple pushed out 5.1.1 fix for the issues introduced in 5.1. Because of this, we now have first beta of watchOS 5.1.2 out to testers.
macOS 10.14.2 beta 2: As you would expect given this naming convention, macOS 10.14.2 is all about stability and improvements under-the-hood. To date, there are no new feature or functionality additions that have been discovered in the build.
For those with a compatible Mac, macOS Mojave 10.14.2 can be downloaded directly from Apple’s Developer Center or installed via the Software Update of Mojave via System Preferences for those already running a beta.
tvOS 12.1.1 beta 2: Apple doesn’t generally like to provide detailed release notes for these types of betas, so, therefore, we can only presume that tvOS 12.1.1 is all about bug fixes and stability rather than introducing new features for the Apple TV.
Developers can grab this latest tvOS 12.1.1 beta by going to the Software Update mechanism within the Settings app on the Apple TV ensuring that the “Get Public Beta Updates” is toggled to the on position.
watchOS 5.1.2 beta 1: As mentioned earlier, the reason we have this release as beta 1 now is because of watchOS 5.1 being pulled last week and then released as 5.1.1 this week. Taking that into consideration, and considering that Apple hasn’t provided verbose release notes for the release yet, it’s difficult to know exactly what’s going on with watchOS 5.1.2. If any new features or functionality do make an appearance we will be sure to update. However, for now, it’s safe to assume that this is a bug fix and stability release.
This latest Apple Watch firmware can be downloaded via the accompanying Watch app for iOS on the connected iPhone which has configuration profile for watchOS beta updates installed.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA For Compatible iPhone And iPad
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- USB-C Cable For 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch: Here Are The Best Ones [List]
- 2018 MacBook Air Vs 12-Inch MacBook Vs MacBook Pro [Battery Life Comparison]
- 12.9-Inch iPad Pro Vs 11-Inch iPad Pro Vs 10.5 iPad Pro [Specs Comparison]
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 Might Be Possible Once Remounting Issue Is Fixed, Claims Developer
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]