Apple has officially released iOS 12.3.1 as an incremental update to its major iOS 12.3 release which was pushed out into the public domain just last week.
The release of iOS 12.3.1 has blindsided many with its quickness and comes with important bug fixes rather than offering any major feature improvements.
As per Apple’s release notes for iOS 12.3.1, the software release for compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch hardware includes patches and fixes for issues predominantly pertaining to the Messages application as well as issues with making and receiving VoLTE (Voice Over LTE) calls for some users.
Some of the bug fixes included with this particular release include:
Fixes an issue that could prevent making or receiving VoLTE calls
Fixes issues in Messages that could cause messages from unknown senders to appear in your conversation list even though Filter Unknown Senders is enabled
Fixes an issue that could prevent the Report Junk link from appearing in Messages threads from unknown senders
More Specifically, Apple has fixed an issue in iOS 12.3.1 which prevented the ‘Report Junk’ option from appearing, which, in turn, prevented users from reporting a specific unsolicited iMessage as being junk. Apple has also tackled an issue head-on which prevented certain users from making and receiving any calls over LTE.
Perhaps one of the most important bug fixes comes in the form of implemented code which resolved an issue whereby some messages would be able to skip through very explicit filters and blocking services to appear in the conversation list in Messages. Given that Apple takes user privacy extremely seriously, it was imperative that this fix was put in place quickly.
Rather than put iOS 12.3.1 through a period of pre-release testing with developers and public testers Apple deemed it an important enough update to simply patch, test internally, then release externally without any additional input. This is extremely typical when a company like Apple looks to release an incremental patch to fix some issues that it deems important enough to have to be done in a timely fashion.
For those with a compatible device, iOS 12.3.1 is available to download right now via Settings > General > Software Update.
iOS 12.3.1 Final IPSW Download Links:
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s GSM, iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (11-inch – 2018)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (1st generation | 2nd generation | 3rd generation)
- iPad 5 (9.7-inch – 2017)
- iPad 6 (9.7-inch – 2018)
- iPad Air 3 (2019), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 5 (2019), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation)
Links are being updated, keep hitting the refresh button.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 12.2 Final IPSW Links And OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Download: iOS 12.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Out Now
- iOS 12 / 12.1.2 iPhone XS Max Jailbreak Update Provided By Unc0ver Lead Developer
- iOS 12.2 Jailbreak Status: Here’s What You Need To Know
- Jailbreak iOS 12 / 12.1.2 / 12.1.2 Beta 3 With Unc0ver And Install Cydia, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- How To Downgrade iOS 12.2 To iOS 12.1.4 On iPhone Or iPad