You can now download iOS 12.4 final IPSW links and over-the-air (OTA) update for all compatible iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch devices. This release comes after a period of internal and external beta testing.
A lot of those individuals interested in the progression of iOS as a platform may not be particularly enthused by an iOS 12.4 release given the fact that Apple had an extremely successful WWDC 2019 few weeks ago, which included the announcement of iOS 13.
With that said, not everyone can actually get their hands on that release just yet, which means that iOS 12.4 is the best thing on offer at the moment for the masses and comes with some important stability improvements and enhancements which will keep devices ticking along nicely until the iOS 13 is released to everyone this fall.
For now, while we wait for iOS 13 final release, users will need to download iOS 12.4 in the knowledge that it includes a plethora of under-the-hood fixes. While Apple Card support was supposed to be coming with this update, for some reason, Apple’s official changelog for iOS 12.4 makes no mention of this. There’s however inclusion of new wireless iPhone migration setup in iOS 12.4. For full changelog, you can check out release notes of iOS 12.4 here: iOS 12.4 Final Release Notes, Changelog And Features You Need To Know About.
Any individual in ownership of a compatible iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch can choose to download this latest iOS 12.4 release with right away without having to wait. That download can be as an over-the-air (OTA) update directly from the device itself, via Settings > General > Software Update, or, for those who prefer a more convoluted approach, as an IPSW download which can then be installed directly to the device via iTunes as a fresh installation of iOS 12.4.
The latter approach, of course, will require the latest version of iTunes and going through the process of manually installing as an entirely fresh installation without any existing data. If you choose that route, make sure that you have performed a backup of some description to ensure the integrity of your data. You can find the iOS 12.4 download links below.
iOS 12.4 Final IPSW Download Links:
- iPhone XS Max
- iPhone XS
- iPhone XR
- iPhone X
- iPhone10,4 (iPhone 8)
- iPhone10,5 (iPhone 8 Plus)
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6s, iPhone 6
- iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone SE, iPhone 5s GSM, iPhone 5s CDMA
- iPad Pro (10.5-inch)
- iPad Pro (11-inch – 2018)
- iPad Pro (12.9-inch) (1st generation | 2nd generation | 3rd generation)
- iPad 5 (9.7-inch – 2017)
- iPad 6 (9.7-inch – 2018)
- iPad Air 3 (2019), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 5 (2019), iPad mini 4, iPad mini 3
- iPad Pro (9.7‑inch)
- iPad Air 1, iPad mini 2
- iPod touch (6th generation | 7th generation)
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 13 Beta 4 IPSW Links, OTA Profile Along With That Of iPadOS 13 Beta 4
- iOS 13 Beta 4 Profile File Download Without UDID / Developer Account, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Beta 5 / Public Beta 3 Download Release Date Expectation
- Jailbreak iOS 12.2 Using Unc0ver 3.3.0 IPA
- Install WhatsApp Web On iPad Thanks To iOS 13 And iPadOS 13
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]