Apple today released a surprise iOS 13.7 beta for developers. The update has a couple of changes with the most importing being the ability for users to receive COVID-19 exposure notifications without the need to download an app first.
Previously, users needed to have an app installed that took advantage of the COVID-19 Exposure Notification API, but that’s no longer a requirement with iOS 13.7 installed.
iOS 13.7 lets you opt-in to the COVID-19 Exposure Notifications system without the need to download an app. System availability depends on support from your local public health authority. For more information see covid19.apple.com/contacttracing. This release also includes other bug fixes for your iPhone.
While users no longer need to download an app to be notified if they have been exposed to COVID-19, they will need one if they want to report that they have been infected themselves.
Today’s iOS 13.7 update is an important one because it should enable a faster, more complete spread of devices that can now tell users when they need to get themselves tested for potential COVID-19 infection.
Developers with a compatible iPhone can now download iOS 13.7 beta 1 via the Apple developer portal.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 6 IPSW Links, OTA Profile & iPadOS 14 Beta 6 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 6 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak