You can now download iOS 14.2 GM IPSW links and OTA update along with that of iPadOS 14.2 GM. Here are the details on the release.
Apple has today released iOS 14.2 GM to developers following previous beta releases. And it couldn’t come soon enough either, with this update fixing an irritating bug that caused iPhones to tell users to update their devices. Even though there was no new update to install.
That bug has been plaguing us here at RP intermittently for a few days but it’s been popping up non-stop today. Thankfully it appears this bug is killed off completely.
We don’t yet know when this release will be made available to the public, but it will likely be soon. The incoming HomePod mini will require iOS 14.2 in order to work properly and that’s set for release on November 13 after a pre-order window starting the previous Friday, November 6.
Beyond that the update includes plenty of changes, not least more than 100 new emoji and some stunning wallpapers – eight of them, to be precise. Improved AirPlay controls will also be part of this update, too. The new MagSafe Leather Wallet will also require this update in order to function properly – presumably so the iPhone can report what’s been attached to the back of it.
Developers can download the updated version of iOS 14.2 over-the-air now and we suggest doing exactly that ASAP. Especially if you value your sanity.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Jailbreak iOS 14.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Tutorial]
- Download iOS 14.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.1
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.1 [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak