You can now download iOS 14 beta 6 and iPadOS 14 beta 6 as OTA updates and IPSW links. If you are a registered developer then you can get immediate access to this latest pre-release seed for all compatible iPhone and iPad models.
With iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, Apple’s intention is to introduce firmware that “looks brand new” but that “feels like home.” Basically, the Cupertino-based company wants to inject new life into the platforms but ensure that users and device owners still understand how to use the firmware and that it still feels like the firmware that we are all used to.
In order to achieve that, Apple has reimagined the most iconic parts of the iOS experience to make them even more “helpful and personal.” This includes new iOS Widgets, a brand new App Library experience, a new compact calling experience and Picture-in-Picture mode that lets you continue watching videos or continue a FaceTime call whilst using another app. Apple has other revamped other areas of the experience, including Messages and Maps as well as introduce a new Translate feature. Of course, both iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 are also rammed full of other improvements.
Keep in mind that although we are edging ever-closer to an official public release of both iOS 14 and iPadOS 14, the software is still very much in a “pre-release” state and therefore will be buggy and likely not fit for use on a daily driver device.
Even though Apple has managed to keep iOS 14 and iPadOS 14 extremely stable and performant throughout the development process, it’s the fact that a lot of third-party apps haven’t been yet updated to offer compatibility that is the killer. For that reason, it’s advisable to stay away from these releases unless you are hell-bent on testing and providing feedback to Apple.
If you do want to go ahead with the download and are after download links, you can get the relevant compiled IPSW file for your specific device(s) from developer.apple.com. Alternatively, if you want an over-the-air updated and you already have a previous beta installed to your device, then you can grab the latest release via Settings > General > Software Update.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- iOS 14 Beta 5 Download Release Date: Here’s When To Expect From Apple
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 5 IPSW Links, OTA Profile And iPadOS 14 Beta 5 Now Available
- iOS 14 Beta 5 OTA Profile File Download Released Without Dev Account
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Video Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.6.1 To iOS 13.6, Here’s How [Guide]
- Download: iOS 13.6.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.6.1
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak