There is understandably a lot of attention on Apple’s big 2020 updates including watchOS 7 and iOS 14, but that doesn’t mean that development on Apple’s older software has stopped. The company today released a whole ton of new updates – including macOS 10.15.6, watchOS 6.2.8, tvOS 13.4.6, and HomePod 13.4.8.
Apple released macOS 10.15.6 to the public with the new Apple News support for local news from a variety of providers.
There was also new support for an option to optimize HDR streaming content to help improve a portable Mac’s battery life. Anyone struggling with mouse or trackpads refusing to maintain a connection should also see that problem go away after installing this update.
macOS Catalina 10.15.6 introduces local news in your Today feed in Apple News and improves the security and reliability of your Mac.
– Local news in your Today feed provides extensive coverage of San Francisco, the Bay Area, Los Angeles, Houston, and New York City
– More stories available from local news providers with a subscription to Apple News+
– Your daily newsletter from Apple News can now be personalized with stories that reflect your interests
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
– Adds a new option to optimize video streaming on HDR-compatible Mac notebooks for improved battery life
– Fixes an issue where the computer name may change after installing a software update
– Resolves an issue where certain USB mouse and trackpads may lose connection
Apple’s release of watchOS 6.2.8 brings with it support for the new digital car key feature so long as you’re wearing an Apple Watch Series 5 if you’re the owner of specific BMW cars. The ECG app and irregular heart rate notifications are also now available in Bahrain, Brazil, and South Africa.
Less exciting is the arrival of tvOS 13.4.8 which, so far at least, seems to have changed absolutely nothing. It’s likely this update was all about bug and performance fixes which while always welcome, aren’t what anyone would call exciting.
Finally, Apple also released a new HomePod update under version number 13.4.8. This is again an update that likely doesn’t bring new to the table but is definitely one that should probably be installed ASAP. Apple changes plenty of things in terms of Siri and its capabilities without telling us – hopefully, that’s the case here, too.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 14 Beta 3 Download Release Date & Time Expectation
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 14 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA Profile & iPadOS 14 Beta 2 Released
- Get iOS 14 Beta 2 Profile File Download Without Dev Account, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13.6 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Video Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 On iPhone 11, Pro Max, SE, iPad Pro, More Using Unc0ver 5.0.0 [Tutorial]
- Download: iOS 13.6 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update Released For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 13.5 Without Or No Computer, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak