You can now download the macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 final version for all of your compatible Mac hardware. After months of internal and external testing, Apple has deemed macOS Big Sur ready for a public release. The update is available entirely free-of-charge with immediate effect.
Once upon a time, Apple would have taken the decision to release the latest updated version of macOS alongside the newest version of iOS. This year, that didn’t happen, which has meant that Mac owners have had to wait a little longer for macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 to make it into the public domain.
Thankfully, release day is upon us and it’s finally time to put Big Sur forward for public consumption.
With macOS Big Sur, Apple is bringing a refined new design, powerful user-facing controls, and intuitive customization options to classes as already being the “most advanced desktop operating system in the world.”
Once installed, you will immediately notice a newly refined user interface that brings macOS closer to the visual experience that users get with iOS and iPadOS. This, of course, includes a number of changes to icons for system apps. The native menu bar has also been updated and has the addition of a Control Center that provides immediate access to many useful controls. Apple has also used its Catalyst technology to essentially update the Messages experience by porting the iPad version of Messages to macOS.
There are updates to Safari, changes to the Photos and Maps apps, and worthwhile improvements to the native Notes application. If you are using a compatible Mac app, then you are definitely going to enjoy this latest macOS update.
As previously mentioned, macOS Big Sur 11.0.1 is available as an entirely free-of-charge download for all compatible Macs. The relatively new Software Update mechanism within System Preferences, or via Mac App Store here, will provide the update, meaning that you can get it installed quickly and efficiently there. Once that installation has finished, you will be left with a Mac running macOS Big Sur and be able to take advantage of all of Apple’s newly released features.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak