Apple’s CarPlay has become more popular in recent years with many cars shipping with the feature enabled as standard.
Apple has been doing its bit to make sure CarPlay improves as much as possible as well, but there is still one limitation that drives some people crazy – not being able to use all apps.
CarPlay as standard allows you to run specific types of apps on your big screen. Those include music and mapping apps for obvious reasons, but what if you want to check a game out while you’re waiting at the airport, for example? That’s where jailbreak tweak CarPlayEnable comes in.
Available now from Cydia and absolutely free, this tweak lets you put any app on your CarPlay screen, although those that use DRM are a no-go.
Supports video and audio playback, including while the device is locked. Does not support DRM’d content (Hulu, Netflix, etc.). Supports running multiple apps at the same time (one on the device, one on CarPlay)
If you’re someone who wants to be able to run all of their favorite apps on a CarPlay screen, this could very well be a reason to jailbreak. Let us know in the comments if you’ve been able to check this out for yourself.
You can grab the tweak from the BigBoss repo here.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 14.4 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Download: iOS 14.4 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.4 Out Now
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.4 The Easy Way [Tutorial]
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak