Apple and Google have today released additional information to developers that offers up code samples and concepts for how COVID-19 contact tracing apps could work.
Both companies say that the new resources are aimed at giving health authorities and their developers a leg up on creating their own apps.
There are even concepts showing how the onboarding experience could be handled the first time that an app is run on a user’s device.
Apple also makes it clear that there is a difference in terms of notifications when it comes to affected and potentially exposed users.
When a user has a confirmed or suspected diagnosis of COVID-19, the framework identifies them as affected and shares their diagnosis keys to alert other users to potential exposure.
To assign a user the potentially exposed role, use the framework to determine whether a set of temporary exposure keys observed by a user indicate a positive diagnosis. If so, the app can retrieve additional information such as date and duration from the framework.
Apple made its information available via the Apple Developer website with notifications sent to users being the key focus.
Use the ExposureNotification framework to inform people of potential exposure to COVID-19, the disease caused by the SARS-CoV-2 virus. You can build a notification system that employs random, rotating keys and identifiers to convey positive diagnoses in addition to data such as associated symptoms, proximity, and duration.
Both Apple and Google made the new API available in an attempt to make it possible for apps to inform users when they have been in contact with someone who has been diagnosed with coronavirus. That would then allow them to take the appropriate actions.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13.5 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA Update Along With iPadOS 13.5 Beta 3 Released
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Screen Protector: Here Are The Best You Can Buy Today [List]
- iPhone SE 2 2020 Case: Here Are The Best Ones You Can Get Today [List]
- Kodi 18.6 IPA APK Download For iOS 13 / iPadOS 13, Android Released
- Run Multiple 2 WhatsApp Accounts Number On 1 iPhone The Right Way, Here’s How
- Download: iOS 13.4.1 IPSW Links, OTA Update Released Along With iPadOS 13.4.1 Released
- Jailbreak iPhone 11 Pro Max With Unc0ver 4.0.0 On iOS 13.3 Now
- Checkra1n For Windows Alternative: How To Use Ra1nUSB For iOS 13.3 Jailbreak
- Jailbreak iOS 13.4.1 / iPadOS 13.4.1 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How [Guide]
- Downgrade iOS 13.4.1 To iOS 13.3.1 For Checkra1n Jailbreak, Here’s How
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak