After something of a false start yesterday, Google intends to launch its Apple silicon build of Chrome today, according to reports.
The build was initially released on Tuesday, but was later pulled by Google after it was found to be causing issues for some users running Intel Macs. After the build was removed, Google said that it would be making another run at the release today.
The idea of launching a special version of Chrome that’s designed for use on Apple silicon Macs is fairly simple. By removing the need for Chrome to run via Rosetta 2 emulation, the browser can run natively on Apple’s new M1-powered Macs.
Right now there are only three Macs that run the M1 SoC, with a MacBook Air, 13-inch MacBook Pro, and Mac mini avialable.
By running native apps can use less power and resources, allowing them to run more quickly in the process. We’ve already seen very impressive benchmarks for the first wave of M1-powered Macs for both native and emulated apps, but things are absolutely more promising when apps are built with Apple’s new chips in mind.
If you want to use Chrome on new Macs with Apple M1 chips, head to https://t.co/uIyDy5PSMS and download the Apple Silicon version we released in M87 today! pic.twitter.com/11uDaIYUR4
— Elvin 🏳️🌈 (@elvin_not_11) November 17, 2020
There’s no telling quite when Google will have another pass at launching the updated Chrome to users, but if it says we can expect it today we don’t have too much longer to wait.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- Download: iOS 14.3 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.3 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak