Google’s unannounced Pixel 4 has been steadily leaking over the past few weeks. But with a launch still months away Google has taken the somewhat unusual step of cutting those leaks down in their tracks by sharing an image of the unannounced phone itself.
Renders of the Pixel 4 have been swirling around social media during the past week and appeared to show a change in design for this year’s handset.
Notably, the Pixel 4 was said to include multiple cameras which is something the company has steadfastly refused to do to date. Now, Google has confirmed that there are indeed additional cameras around the back of the Pixel 4 by sharing its own image.
In a tweet shared yesterday Google shared the image and teased the world by saying “Wait ‘til you see what it can do”.
The image definitely confirms that there are two rear-facing cameras in play here, along with a square camera bump that looks very much like the one that is said to be on the 2019 iPhone. Also notable is that there is no fingerprint sensor on the back of the device, either.
Well, since there seems to be some interest, here you go! Wait ’til you see what it can do. #Pixel4 pic.twitter.com/RnpTNZXEI1
— Made by Google (@madebygoogle) June 12, 2019
This move by Google is certainly an unusual one, but given previous Pixel phones have leaked extensively prior to their launch it may be a sign that the company will be much more willing to speak about its upcoming phone even before it’s announced. If that’s the case we could be in for quite the ride ahead of the expected Pixel 4 October launch window.
You may also like to check out:
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Profile Download Free Along With iPadOS 13 Will Be Available This July, Confirms Apple
- iOS 13 Beta 1 OTA Configuration Profile And iPadOS 13 Download Not Released Yet, Here’s Why
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Downgrade iOS 13 / iPadOS 13 Beta To iOS 12.3.1 / 12.4
- iOS 13 Public Beta 1 Download Release Date Announced Along With macOS 10.15, tvOS 13 Public Betas
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- iOS 13 Beta 1 Download IPSW Links, OTA Update And iPadOS 13 Beta 1 For iPhone And iPad
- Download iOS 13 Beta 1 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]