If you’ve been uploading your photos and videos to Google Photos for free, you’re going to start running into problems as of June 1 2021.
That’s when Google says it will stop offering free storage space, although this only applies to any new content that is uploaded. Anything that’s already there is fine, so we’d suggest getting everything uploaded ASAP.
From June 1 2021 users will see their photos and videos count towards their 15GB of storage – or whatever they pay for as a Google One member.
Starting June 1, 2021, any new photos and videos you upload will count toward the free 15 GB of storage that comes with every Google Account or the additional storage you’ve purchased as a Google One member. Your Google Account storage is shared across Drive, Gmail and Photos. This change also allows us to keep pace with the growing demand for storage.
However, there’s some good news for Pixel device owners. Google says none of those users will be impacted because they will continue to get their storage for free. Google reckons most people won’t be impacted no matter what device they have, however, based on the numbers it’s crunched.
This change does not take effect for another six months, so you don’t need to do anything right now. And once this change does take effect on June 1, 2021, over 80 percent of you should still be able to store roughly three more years worth of memories with your free 15 GB of storage. As your storage nears 15 GB, we will notify you in the app and follow up by email.
There are other ways to store images and videos online of course, but what set Google Photos apart was the fact it was free. Google says it still will be for most people, but outliers will now need to look elsewhere. Or pay up.
You may also like to check out:
- Download iOS 14.2 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14.2
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Convert Factory Wired Apple CarPlay To Wireless Apple CarPlay In Your Car Easily, Here’s How
- iPhone 12 / Pro Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- Best iPhone 12, 12 Pro Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- Best iPhone 12 Mini Screen Protector: Here’s A List Worth Checking
- Best iPhone 12 Pro Max Screen Protector: Here Is A List Worth Checking
- Jailbreak iOS 14.2 Using Checkra1n, Here’s How-To [Guide]
- How To Downgrade iOS 14.2 The Right Way [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak