Sn0wbreeze 2.0/2.0.1/2.0.2 was released earlier today. It brings support for a bunch of devices running on iOS 4.1. These include:
- iPod touch 1G
- iPod touch 2G (Non-MC Model)
- iPod touch 2G (MC Model, must be iOS 3.1.2. Does not need to be jailbroken on 3.1.2)
- iPod touch 3G (Must be previously jailbroken on 3.1.2)
- iPhone 2G
- iPhone 3G
- iPhone 3GS new bootrom (Must be previously jailbroken on 3.1.2)
- iPhone 3GS old bootrom (Must be already jailbroken. If you are jailbroken using Spirit or JailbreakMe, install Spirit2Pwn from http://repo.woowiz.net.
Like PwnageTool for Mac, you can use Sn0wbreeze 2.0 on Windows to build custom firmware files without upgrading the baseband.
Except for iPod touch 4G, Sn0wbreeze supports all previous generation of iPod touches, including iPod touch 3G and iPod touch 2G (MC Model). If your iPod touch meets the criteria listed above, then you can jailbreak it on iOS 4.1 using Sn0wbreeze 2.0.
Simply follow the instructions posted here (ignoring the “Activation” bits in Step 6 as that is for iPhone only) to jailbreak your iPod touch 3G and iPod touch 2G (MC and Non-MC Model) on iOS 4.1:
Feel free to ask me any question here should you run into any problem during the jailbreak process.
Download iTunes 10 for Windows
Download iOS 4.1 for iPod touch 2G/3G
Download iOS 3.1.3 for iPod touch 1G
Download .NET Framework 3.5 (required to run Sn0wbreeze)
Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0 (Windows Only)