This week Benjamin and Zac discuss the delayed launch of BeatsX, Apple’s AirPods alternative, Android Wear 2.0 and how the new smartwatches compare to Apple Watch, iPhone 8 rumors including a premium price tag and wireless charging, and Apple Campus 2 details. 9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
New episodes of Happy Hour are available every week. As mentioned, you can download this podcast via iTunes or plug in our RSS feed link into your favorite podcasting app.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- BeatsX earphones sporadically appearing in stock for pickup at Apple Stores ahead of launch, still unavailable to purchase
- Apple spaceship campus interior details: polished concrete ceilings, iPhone-like elevator buttons, flat doorways
- BeatsX earphones go on sale February 10 at US Apple retail stores and online, two new colors announced
- Report: Apple Watch’s record quarter generated near 80% of total smartwatch revenue in Q4 w/ estimated 6M units
- Tim Cook receives honorary degree from University of Glasgow, denounces Trump immigration order
- Report: iPhone 8 to feature Lumentum-sourced 3D sensor, launch above $1,000 this fall despite early production rumors
- Tim Cook talks legacy of Steve Jobs, Apple Pencil, and immigration at University of Glasgow [Video]
- KGI predicts wireless charging for all three new iPhones, iPhone 8 requires higher cost 3D Touch sensor
- What’s next for Apple Watch? How sleep tracking, cellular, and an always-on display could be major improvements
- BeatsX bundling promo code for 3 months of Apple Music following delayed launch
- Following shielding defect, Apple pushes shipping of LG’s UltraFine 5K display to 5-6 weeks
- Roundup: Early BeatsX reviews note improved isolation compared to AirPods, bass-heavy sound
- BeatsX, Apple’s AirPods alternative, now available to purchase after extended delay
- LG Watch Style & Watch Sport review roundup: evolutionary software, standard hardware
- Google announces LG Watch Style and LG Watch Sport, the first Android Wear 2.0 watches
- Android Wear 2.0 rolling out ‘over the coming weeks,’ these are the watches that will get it
Feedback? Drop us a line at email@example.com. Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!