This week Benjamin and Zac unpack the HomePod delay a week later, detail the competition going in to the holiday season, discuss expectations and potential challenges for Apple’s upcoming smart speaker, fresh iMac Pro rumors including Hey Siri support and much more.
9to5Mac’s Happy Hour podcast is available for download on iTunes and Apple’s Podcasts app, Stitcher, Google Play Music, or through our dedicated RSS feed for Overcast and other podcast players.
New episodes of Happy Hour are available every week. As mentioned, you can download this podcast via iTunes or plug in our RSS feed link into your favorite podcasting app.
Note: Subscribing to the podcast feed will guarantee the latest episode is downloaded as soon as possible.
- Benjamin Mayo
- Zac Hall
Here’s what we discussed in this episode:
- Spotify for iPhone X is now available with updated interface
- Apple delaying HomePod smart speaker launch until next year
- iMac Pro to feature A10 Fusion coprocessor, possibly for always-on ‘Hey Siri’
- Apple Watch Thanksgiving Activity Challenge returns this year, run/walk 5K to earn new iMessage sticker
- Review: Hunter SimpleConnect ceiling fan is a 2-in-1 HomeKit essential for home automation
- HomePod project cancelled & revived several times; was originally three-feet tall; ‘blindsided’ by Amazon – Bloomberg
- Sonos rolls out Spotify control with voice using Alexa ahead of delayed HomePod launch
- Apple’s holiday ad shows off wireless AirPods and a stunning dance performance in the snow
- Review: ecobee4 packs Alexa and Google Home control in a HomeKit thermostat
- Best Apple Black Friday Deals: 9.7-inch iPad $249, $250 off MacBooks, iTunes gift cards, more
iMazing: Manage your iPhone, your way. Visit imazing.com/happyhour for a 30% discount on all iMazing licenses.
9to5Toys: Visit 9to5Toys.com for daily deals and the best savings on Apple products this holiday season.
Feedback? Drop us a line at email@example.com. Remember: Subscribe on iTunes to catch all of the episodes as they go live and thanks for listening!