When Apple released iOS 11.2.6 a couple of days ago, it brought with it at least one important bug fix, which is great, but what is less well received is a new bug that appears to have been introduced with relation to the AirPods that people use, although this one does thankfully appear to be easily fixed.
Since installing iOS 11.2.6 in their iPhones, a number of people have reported some strange goings on, with some saying that their AirPods are now behaving oddly when the on-device controls are used and others experiencing a particular problem that causes one AirPod’s audio channel to come out of both earpieces. If these problems sounds familiar to you, fear not, because a simple disconnecting of your AirPods should do the trick. Oh, and you might want to re-connect them, too!
If you find yourself needing to disconnect AirPods from an iPhone in order to correct these issues, or indeed for any other reason, here’s what you need to do. It may not be a difficult process to follow, but if you don’t know how to do it then you may be tripped up along the way.
Step 1: Open the Settings app on the iPhone in question.
Step 2: Tap Bluetooth and then select “i” on the right side of AirPods that you want to disconnect.
Step 3: Tap Forget This Device. At this point, iOS will tell you that completing the action will remove the AirPods from all iCloud-connected devices. That’s fine, tap Forget Device.
Step 4: Once the process is complete, all you need to do is re-pair your AirPods via the normal process and you’re golden.
It is as yet unclear where these little bugs have sprung up from, but with such an easy fix, those experiencing them should at least be able to make everything work as intended without too much fuss.
Let’s hope a repeat performance is not necessary after future iOS updates.
You may also like to check out:
- FilzaEscaped IPA Download For iOS 11 iPhone And iPad Is Here, Details Here
- TITANIUM Kodi Build On 17.6 Krypton: Here’s How To Install It The Right Way
- Download iOS 11.3 Beta 3 IPSW Links, OTA With CPU Throttling Toggle, New Animoji, And More
- iOS 11.2.6 Jailbreak: Here’s What You Need To Know
- How To Downgrade iOS 11.2.6 On iPhone, iPad, iPod touch
- Download iOS 11.2.6 IPSW Links And OTA With Fix For Messages Crashing Bug
- Jailbreak iOS 11.2.6 / 11.2.5 / 11.2.2 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 / 11.1.2 On iPhone X, 8, 7, iPad Using Electra Or LiberiOS [Updated]