Whenever Apple releases a big new software update for Apple Watch there seems to always be a group of people who have problems. Normally, though problems are relating to battery life and the launch of watchOS 7 is no different.
Tons of people are seeing battery life problems on various models of Apple Watch, such as the Series 5 and Series 4.
There are plenty of reasons why this could be, and few of them are related to the update itself. Whenever a new watchOS update arrives things can need to re-sync or new caches need to be built. That all takes time and, more importantly, it takes battery life. And people notice – big time.
In the case of watchOS 7 there seems to be another potential cause and it’s actually a feature offered by the new update. Watches with watchOS 7 installed can recognize when you’re washing your hands and then count down to make sure you’re doing it for long enough. According to multiple reports across social media and Reddit, disabling that feature helps.
Here’s how to disable Apple’s automatic handwashing detection feature in case you want to try it for yourself.
- Open the Watch app on your iPhone.
- Tap the “My Watch” tab and then tap “Handwashing”.
- Disable “Handwashing Timer”.
Give your Apple Watch a full charge and see how things pan out tomorrow. Hopefully, matters have been improved for you!
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 14.2 Beta 1 IPSW Links, OTA Profile File And iPadOS 14.2 Beta 1 Released
- How To Fix Bad iOS 14 Battery Life Drain [Guide]
- Download iOS 14 Final IPSW Links, OTA Profile File Along With iPadOS 14
- Jailbreak iOS 14 Status Update For iPhone And iPad
- iOS / iPadOS 14 Final Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Download iOS 14 Beta 1 IPSW Links And Install On iPhone 11, Pro, XS Max, X, XR, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 14 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 14 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Downgrade iOS 13.7 To iOS 13.6.1, Here’s How [Tutorial]
- Apple Watch ECG App Hack: Enable Outside US In Unsupported Country On Series 5 & 4 Without Jailbreak