Here’s how to get Samsung Galaxy S8 Infinity Display-like effect, look and feel on just about any iPhone you might have.
If you happen to own a jailbroken iPhone, love everything that Apple and iOS offers, but find yourself slightly jealous that Samsung Galaxy S8 owners have a stunning Infinity Display on their device, then one of the latest tweaks to land in Cydia may be of interest. The S8Edge tweak looks to try and bring the Galaxy S8’s Infinity Display look and feel to Apple’s iPhone.
Now before everyone goes getting excited, this isn’t some miraculous tweak which defies the laws of common sense and physics to inject additional screen size into the jailbroken iPhone. After all, we are talking about a small software tweak here rather than something doused in magic crafted from the black arts. However, what S8Edge does do, is change a few key areas of the iOS visual experience to try and best mimic the Infinity Display.
When trying to replicate something as beautiful as what Samsung has achieved with the Infinity Display, there are definitely going to be limitations, but the developer behind S8Edge has done the best possible by bringing into a play a gradient-based overlay that brings a nice new effect to the edges of the iPhone display. There’s also a system in place that allows the display to have rounded corners applied to it to continue on that effect.
Once installed, the user is able to head directly into the settings that come as part of the package and configure it to their own tastes. This includes amending the level of gradient applied to the system, as well as amending how rounded the rounded corners actually are when activated. All of this is activated from a simple-to-use slider which lives in the main settings panel of the device.
As you might expect, this is definitely not going to be a perfect replication of Samsung’s stunning, highly engineered Infinity Display, but it’s definitely a little tweak which will give some visual styling to the iOS installation. If this is the type of experience that you’ve wanted, then it’s possible to get up and running with it right now on your jailbroken device.
S8Edge can be grabbed from the BigBoss repo in Cydia right now for free, and is compatible with iOS 8 through till iOS 10.
You may also like to check out:
- Fix Kodi 17 Unable To Connect Network / Couldn’t Retrieve Directory Information Error, Here’s How
- Fix Kodi 17 Unable To Create GUI Error On Windows 10, Here’s How
- How To Downgrade iOS 11 Beta To iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.3 [Tutorial]
- Download 10.5-Inch iPad Pro Wallpapers In All Colors For Any Device
- Download iOS 11 Beta 1 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
- Jailbreak iOS 11 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 / 10.2.1 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta OTA Configuration Profile Without UDID / Developer Account [How-To Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.