Here’s how to download and install gpSPhone IPA of GBA (Game Boy Advance) emulator on iOS 10 or iOS 11 iPhone and iPad. No jailbreak is required for this to work.
There are literally thousands and thousands of games on the iOS App Store that are designed and developed to take advantage of Apple’s hardware. However, if none of those games tickle your fancy, and you prefer to emulate some classic console or handheld games, then you’ve likely tried out the popular options like GBA4iOS or GBA.emu Game Boy Advance emulators. Previously available as a Cydia tweak only, gpSPhone is yet another GBA emulator which lets you get those classic titles on your iPhone – all without jailbreaking. So let’s jump right in.
Step 1: Before you can go through the process of getting the gpSPhone emulator installed on your device, you are going to actually need to be in possession of the relevant IPA file. Saying as we aren’t using the App Store, Cydia, or any other type of installer app for this, we need to actually have the IPA, which you can grab from here.
Step 2: Now that you have the relevant IPA file, you are going to need to go through the process of actually getting it onto your device independently of the App Store or Cydia. There are a couple of ways to do this, with the chosen route generally coming down to either personal preference or the type of machine that you are using. Once installed, jump back onto this page to finalize the process:
- Xcode (official supported method for sideloading): How To Sideload iOS Apps Without Jailbreak Using Xcode
- Cydia Impactor: Sideload iOS Apps On Windows, Mac With Cydia Impactor Without Jailbreak, Here’s How
Step 3: You should now have the gpSPhone Game Boy Advance emulator installed on your iPhone, but you will realize that you still cannot launch it. This is down to permissions and trust levels assigned to the profile. Launch the native Settings app and navigate to General > Profiles & Device Management. On some iOS devices, this may have a slightly different name
Step 4: Locate the profile assigned to the gpSPhone app which has been signed with an untrusted certificate. Tap on it, tap the big Trust option in the middle and then Trust again when the confirmation alert is displayed.
Step 5: You are now able to exit out of the Settings app and straight back to where the gpSPhone app is installed, that is the Home screen. Tapping on it will now launch it as you would expect and give you full access to its functionality.
That’s it! You can now get into action with any Game Boy Advance title right on your iPhone or iPad.
You may also like to check out:
- Apple Watch Jailbreak On watchOS 3 Demoed At Def Con
- Download: iOS 11 Beta 4 IPSW Released For Devs, Here Are The Details
- Download: Windows 10 S ISO Files Released On MSDN
- The Best Kodi 17 Krypton Skins / Themes [2017 Edition]
- GTA 6 Release Date Tipped After Resume Posted Online Shows The Game In Later Development Stages
- Download Magic Phone Cleaner On iOS 10 / 11 iPhone [No Jailbreak Or PC Required]
- Jailbreak iOS 10.3.3 / 10.3.2 / 10.3.1 / 10.3 For iPhone And iPad [Latest Status Update]
- Download iOS 11 Beta 4 & Install On iPhone 7, 7 Plus, 6s, 6, SE, 5s, iPad, iPod [Tutorial]
You can follow us on Twitter, add us to your circle on Google+ or like our Facebook page to keep yourself updated on all the latest from Microsoft, Google, Apple and the Web.