There are lots of scenarios where you might want to quickly share your location with a friend or family member. Many people are probably aware of how to do this via Apple or Google Maps, but there is a slick shortcut built right into iOS for this feature.
In some cases it might be fastest to type out the address you’d like to share with someone rather than dropping a pin from a maps app. However, Apple has an even faster shortcut that’s built right into the iOS QuickType keyboard suggestions.
- Launch Messages
- When you’re ready to share your currently location, type “I’m at ” (make sure to hit the spacebar after at)
- You’ll see “Current Location” appear just above the keyboard
- Tap it to send your location, wait a moment before tapping a second time, it can take a bit to respond
A pin with a quick link to get directions to your location will be sent, and you don’t have to send any text with it, the “I’m at ” is just a trigger to call up the shortcut.
For more help getting the most out of your Apple devices, check out our how to guide as well as the following articles:
- How to easily change the color of individual folders in macOS [Video]
- How to find a lost iPhone even when it’s set to vibrate/silent
- How to protect your iPhone data with privacy controls built in to iOS 11
- How to check your iPhone’s warranty & repair coverage
- How to use Podcasts stations to play episode playlists like ‘daily news shows’ on HomePod