Here’s how to share Animoji and Memoji on iOS apps other than Messages, such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger.
Animoji and Memoji can be pretty awesome ways of sharing something a little more impressive and personal than something like Bitmoji or just a normal emoji. But if you like to use an app other than Messages, like WhatsApp, you’re stuck.
Or are you? There are ways and means to send Animoji and Memoji to other apps, even if it isn’t exactly convenient. Here’s how.
The first option is to use a screenshot. It obviously won’t be animated, but it’s a start.
Step 1: Open the Messages app and tap the Camera button. It doesn’t matter what conversation you’re in because you won’t send anything.
Step 2: Tap the Effects button and the app will switch to the selfie camera.
Step 3: From the toolbar, select the Animoji button. Now you can select the Animoji or Memoji that you want to use.
Step 4: Strike your pose but instead of taking the shot, take a screenshot.
Step 5: Using the preview that appeared on-screen, crop your image to only show your head.
Step 6: Tap the share button and send the image to whatever app you want to use.
Step 7: Delete the screenshot and cancel out of everything.
If you’d rather a video, that’s doable, too.
Step 1: Open Messages, but this time create a conversation with yourself. Now tap the Animoji button before selecting the Animoji or Memoji that you’d like.
Step 2: Tap the red recording button and record the shot.
Step 3: Send the new video to yourself.
Step 4: Once it’s sent, tap on it and it will then open full-screen. From here, you can share it as normal.
And that’s it. Neither option is super simple, but they’ll both work in a pinch.
You may also like to check out:
- Download: iOS 13 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone Released
- Best iPhone 11, 11 Pro Max Case With Slim, Wallet, Ultra-Thin Design? Here Are Our Top Picks [List]
- iPhone 11 / 11 Pro Max Screen Protector With Tempered Glass: Here Are The Best Ones
- iOS 13, iPadOS Compatibility For iPhone, iPad, iPod touch Devices
- Fix iOS 13 OTA Stuck On Preparing Update Issue, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 Update Requested Stuck Issue On iPhone And iPad, Here’s How
- 100+ iOS 13 Hidden Features For iPhone And iPad [Running List]
- How To Fix iOS 13 Problems, Crashing Apps Issue And Other Bugs
- Fix iOS 13 Estimating Time Remaining Stuck Issue, Here’s How
- Jailbreak iOS 13 / 13.1 Status Update [Continuously Updated With Latest Info]
- Download iOS 13 IPSW Links & Install On iPhone XS, Max, XR, X, 8, 7, Plus, 6s, SE, iPod [Tutorial]
- Fix iOS 13 Could Not Activate iPhone Activation Error After Update, Here’s How
- Fix iOS 13 No Service Issue After Upgrade, Here’s How
- iOS 13 Photos Camera Roll Missing?: Check “All Photos” Section